Was slavery abolished in America?

Started by CorradoSoprano, Apr 25, 2024, 02:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Previous topic - Next topic

CorradoSoprano

Throughout American history slaves did not have to pay rent or taxes, and even got to eat for free, as well as provided a spouse and a guaranteed roof over their heads.

Abuse of slaves is highly exaggerated and a retarded thing to do, as it would have the same impact on a slave owners' bottom line as burning half the cotton he owned. Murdering a slave was always illegal and abusing a slave was inviting a rebellion.

Today, we are expected to pay someone else's mortgage (often without the option to rent to own), front the bill for Jewish world domination (via $44 billion in taxes to Ukraine and $260 billion in taxes to Israel), our food costs are at an all-time high, and nobody's getting married anymore. The people who do flip a coin and get divorced.

"The slaves got separated from their families!"

If you have a job that requires a college degree, you're going to have to be uprooted from where your relatives live - possibly even relocated to a separate country. Apples to oranges, sure, but not apples to bowling balls

"The slaves got raped"

True, let's also not pretend this doesn't happen every single day in the workplace, especially in Hollywood.

"Slavery was racist"

White people did not invent slavery, but we did end it, at least in the sharecropping sense of the word. At the very least, we minimized ownership of another human being from 24 hours a day to 8 hours per day. The first American slaves were actually Slavic people, who were white. The etymology of "Slav" created the word "Slave". Even if white people did invent slavery, who is worse, the drug dealer, or the drug user? In this case, the drug dealer were the African warlords who sold their own people in exchange for gunpowder.

It seems to me that racial slavery was abolished, but the concept of slavery still exists, especially in prison where it's specifically permitted in the Constitution to enslave prisoners and definitely exists in India/China and even Australia. Now every ethnicity (besides one which I cannot say) is enslaved.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

CorradoSoprano

And before you call my work ethic into question - I got my first job when I was 13, I detasseled for 2 summers. I got exposed to deadly pesticides and 4 years later I won $8 for it in a class action lawsuit. I am still employed, too.

pobbus

i think you gotta log off forever dawg

CorradoSoprano

Abe Lincoln gets credited with ending slavery when he invented the federal income tax. And i thought i had rizz

Re:  Introduce Yourself by xyb1a
[Today at 04:53 AM]

Re:  pre 2010 youtube megathread by xyb1a
[Today at 04:42 AM]

Re:  hustler general by ekdsc
[Today at 01:49 AM]

Re:  SHOEGAZE THREAD by john
[Today at 12:05 AM]

Re:  Anyone from Portland OR? by Kniroid
[May 04, 2024, 07:10 PM]

Re:  Anyone from Portland OR? by Sticki
[May 04, 2024, 06:56 PM]