how 2 make music like james ferraro??

Started by ryxii2007, Jun 27, 2024, 01:57 AM

« post your albums | greatest daw of all time? »

ryxii2007

james ferraro is my biggest inspiration in music, or at least he would be if i actually made stuff that was listenable to be considered "music"

god, producing is so damn hard, i got so many WIP projects in my laptop that i can't even finish in the morning without thinking "tf? was i on drugs or sumn last night?"

i suppose i can't be too hard on myself, i only started making music like.. 2 months ago lol

anyway i'm getting WAY off topic, (jeez, is this a thread or a biopic?)

i have plenty of soundfonts and drum kits and shit, and i keep experimenting, but nothing sounds good at all... :(

of course i don't wanna rip off my entire inspiration, i mean, who would i be if i just stole my idols whole swag? (i guess i'd be death souljah lol)

ooh that reminds me, i luv cloud rap, so i wanna make that type of music, but a little bit of ambience is cool to, maybe i can incorporate some of that in, well, somehow.

anyway thanks for listening to my rambling (if you did) and pls.. PLS, give me tips on how to make good music, hell, send me YOUR music if you gotta. thanxx =)

spirit!

usually the best way to replicate somebodies sound is to first try and recreate their songs and see what makes them work

YRGcBmQEpkrM24Yz3qh1

download a casio sk1 sample kit its the keyboard james ferraro used youll get a decent bit of what ur looking for(assuming u r talking abt lo fi ferraro)