Main Menu

newgens

Started by ryxii2007, Jun 27, 2024, 05:59 AM

« SEND ME UR PLAYLISTS | Give me song recommendations »

ryxii2007

imagine this.

you find a new artist. their music is pretty cool, they sound original, and they're really interesting. Their fanbase is super small, but the good thing about small fanbases is that there's less weirdos.

You interact with the fanbase, share art, vids, and converse with them about the artist, you all have a common interest in this one niche musically talented human and everyone seems happy.

oh, until one person decides to go social-media-to-social-media spreading the word of this artist like it's the word of god.

and before you know it BAM! whole fanbase is ruined. the artist you loved starts making less/shitter music, and now everything sucks ass.

now it's some lame shit that your classmates listen to, ugh...

"you ever hear of [MUSIC ARTIST]?"
"oh you mean the guy from [SOCIAL MEDIA APP]? yeah i heard of him last week, i listen to him all the time!"

you hear their music sped up or in some shitty remix playing in a 17 second loop from their phones

oh, and don't forget the millions of clones of the artist that all sound like watered down versions of the original.

srry 4 the rant, probably gonna delete soon lol but damn. hate when this happens.. god..

Evilhaven

Quote from: ryxii2007 on Jun 27, 2024, 05:59 AMimagine this.

you find a new artist. their music is pretty cool, they sound original, and they're really interesting. Their fanbase is super small, but the good thing about small fanbases is that there's less weirdos.

You interact with the fanbase, share art, vids, and converse with them about the artist, you all have a common interest in this one niche musically talented human and everyone seems happy.

oh, until one person decides to go social-media-to-social-media spreading the word of this artist like it's the word of god.

and before you know it BAM! whole fanbase is ruined. the artist you loved starts making less/shitter music, and now everything sucks ass.

now it's some lame shit that your classmates listen to, ugh...

"you ever hear of [MUSIC ARTIST]?"
    "oh you mean the guy from [SOCIAL MEDIA APP]? yeah i heard of him last week, i listen to him all the time!"

you hear their music sped up or in some shitty remix playing in a 17 second loop from their phones

oh, and don't forget the millions of clones of the artist that all sound like watered down versions of the original.

srry 4 the rant, probably gonna delete soon lol but damn. hate when this happens.. god..
    Facts

There aren't any users online.
      • Hidden: 0
      • Guests: 23