DnB/Jungle/Breakcore Thread

self explanatory
drop songs, albums, discuss

3 Likes

Sure there’s at least a couple people out there who haven’t found this channel yet

Entire channel is packed with classic Jungle and DnB, including whole mixes. Really good when you feel like you’ve run out of shit to listen to or are feeling indecisive.

Landline Collective just put out another comp, HYPERF*CKS. You should know the sound you’re gonna get here in terms of modern jungle/breakcore/hardcore breaks/DnB/Gabber/etc. intersectionality. Pretty fuckin good release in my book, I love the sound these guys make.
Someone put me on this the other day too; Stasis(log). Never heard of this guy before then but wow this is some special music.

6 Likes

I’d like to share the existence of militarystep (or halfime dnb) with people, it’s less known than technoid for context

The name is self explanatory tbh lol
Some notable tracks include:
Current value & Donny - drill
Current value - military guy
Donny - search & destroy

I like how creative people get with the genre, some stuff gets more into drumstep territory imo, as far as drum programming is concerned anyways
Usually they’re 118, 175, 180-210 bpm

It’s style influences can be seen in darkstep/darkside dnb, and crossbreed too, tho when you hear halftime xbreed the only difference is usually the distorted bassdrum,
You can hear that in tracks like:
Toa & current value - they are human
The outside agency - hours & dreams

Some more obscure militarystep/tracks I like more lol:
Suicide - 333+333
Aaron Spectre - the quickening
Big-head - devastation
Current value - mothman
Paperclip + Dereck - Johannesburg
Current value - Madre de dios
Lucio de rimanez - sorrows of satan
Triamer - gargona
Vaenus - devil’s work (this one fucking bangs so hard, the EP by the same name is great too, shout out vaenus_novl)
Suicide - black hole + VIP
Current value - math
Trn18 + OZ1 + Subject - scream
Brainpain & Peter kurten - dominators
Big-head - an infinite regression (fucking bangs hard this one)
ValkyR - shining black
ValkyR - endless blue line (pretty cinematic song tbh)
ValkyR - Poudre de mauves (pretty melancholic track)

I have a militarystep playlist up on Spotify, it’s just called militarystep with the therapy sessions skull as a cover (it’s been a while since i looked through it tho so, some stuff might just be darkstep or technoid which I mistook for militarystep, my bad, but 95% should be militarystep tho lol)

3 Likes

Go for a solid Ruby my dear album: Brame.
This album is for me the best breakcore release

1 Like

just came across this bad boy, apparently it’s well known enough cause they sold through two cd runs but it’s got 17 ratings on rym? idk just mad cause the disc looks sick and I want it
this label’s sound skews more classic rave/jungle/hardcore breaks but there are some familiar faces on this comp that do their thing (goreshit, nanoray, windowshopping) if you’re after that

2 Likes

yea i own this on cd good ass comp

2 Likes

i’ve been getting those vids in my youtube recommended a lot lately. here’s one of my favorites off of the channel.

3 Likes

tbf they could have made like 20 cds (i don’t know tho)

2 Likes

Braindance is cool too, if you like nekophiliac, it’s that, but generally no anime samples tho rip

A bit more pretentious sounding, but that’s to be expected with anything idm or contemporary breakcore related

3 Likes

I make breakcore songs

1 Like

how many children have u been in contact with this past week

1 Like

these two have been on repeat lately

1 Like

nah it was like 100 each iirc (or at least the first one was)

1 Like

this is probably my favorite dnb song ever

1 Like

i beieve i got “sorry about my face” suggested to me once on the dismiss yourself youtube and i got into it a lot (:

i really like this project a lot as well

1 Like

1 Like

This guy is actually goated and is one of the ways I got into D&B

1 Like

knew about jungle tech stuff but this thread really opened me up to some great sounds, tracks and artists :eye: never knew about, thanks and cheers everyone

finally managed to get a restocked copy of break corps 2 lol

1 Like